- Two Storey Home
- Year Built: 1980’s
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- Approx 2200 sq. ft.
- Situation: No ensuite bathroom They wanted to convert the room adjacent to the master bedroom, used as an office, into a 3-piece bathroom.A small office off the master bedroom was to be converted into an ensuite bathroom.
- Requirements: The homeowners wanted new flooring, a steam shower with rain shower-patterned glass doors and a high arc faucet for the sink.
- One wall had a 12” high lip running the length of the wall, so all furniture and fixtures would have to be chosen and installed with this in mind, as the lip was a structural element.
- The room was long and narrow, so choosing and installing the right three piece shower was a critical piece of the puzzle.
- Exterior ventilation of the fan would have to be through the soffit and access through the attic hatch, with little room to manoevre to run the wiring.
- We ordered and installed a 3-piece Maax® Tempo shower unit that would get through the doorway. Rain shower-patterned doors, polished chrome shower controls with Steamax system and a shower light were installed to finish this area.
- We created a shelving area to provide access to the shower controls, storage space and cover the lip.
- We also created a bulkhead over the shower unit for a custom look and fit.
- We installed an American Standard Cadet® 3 toilet as well as an IKEA® vanity and sink that would fit over the lip without having to cut the cabinet. A polished chrome high arc faucet, lighting, fan and accessories were also installed to complete the new ensuite.